Friday, May 24, 2013

blessed!


Have I mentioned that I love what I do? And to be completely honest, it’s nothing that I am doing, it’s just so awesome to be a part of this organization and to see how the Lord is working in it. Today I was moved to tears because of a simple donation to the Village of Hope. A woman came by this morning with several platters of food… chicken, eggs, sausages… yummy stuff. It was left over food from a meeting last night. I was so moved because this week for our HIV support group we have planned a fun day playing and picnicking outside at the Grabouw Country Club. We have a small weekly budget to provide snacks for the kids, and today we planned to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and bring chips and juice. I was brought to tears with that seemingly simple donation of left-overs because now we can bless these children with a good, hearty picnic… something I can guarantee never happens for them. Oh I hope these kids go home with full bellies today!

As I was chatting with a friend last night, I told her that I can’t picture myself doing anything else in the world… and today is a perfect example of why. I love being a part of something bigger than myself and blessing people with something that I have always taken for granted. 

The Lord has blessed me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment